Re: cleanup patch / design rules

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: cleanup patch / design rules
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 11:44:52 +0200

On Saturday 24 August 2002 21:38, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:
> blinking letters as unfinished. It might take probally a week to get
> it release ready, its just a question of who does the work and who
> decides what needs to be done.

Make a list of the things todo and I'll try to code some of them. I don't
know enough about the game to do this myself yet.

> Everything game related should derived from WorldObj, but there might
> be a few child classes of WorldObj's which are not itself a WorldObj.
> Particle and PinguAction for example are classes which don't need to
> be a WorldObj, but currently are for historic reasons, that could
> probally be changed too.

Every class that needs not be derived from WorldObj shouldn't be and none
must be derived public unless an "is a" relationship is required and meant.
I tried to remove WorldObj as base class from PinguAction and Particle - it's
no problem at all with PinguAction but at least some Particles need a way to
reference the world. The static World* in WorldObj is protected - changing
it to public would solve this problem...