Pingu stuck and collision code

From: Gervase Lam
Subject: Pingu stuck and collision code
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:23:56 +0100

Attached is a (hopefully) small JPEG of a situation I came across while
trying to reproduce a slightly similar problem.

In the picture, the Pingu is basically stuck where it is.  It walks
forwards a couple steps then back a couple of steps.  This is silly
considering that if it built the bridge to up there, surely it should walk
down again, unhindered.

I'm just wondering whether the collision code for all of the Pingu Actions
should be re-written so that they always run the same bit of code.  I
suppose in Object Oriented terms, the base Pingu Action class needs to
have only one collision method that all of the derived Pingu Action
classes use.  In other words, it should not be overloaded (is this the
correct term?) by any derived classes.

Thanks,
Gervase.