Re: Pingu stuck and collision code

From: Gervase Lam
Subject: Re: Pingu stuck and collision code
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 22:00:00 +0100

On Tuesday 17 September 2002 01:51 am, you wrote:
> Now a digger, basher somehow mangages to destroy the ground below the
> wat= er.=20
> I don't suppose that the water will flow down and then it'd be possible
> f= or=20
> a bridger to get into water/lava from below.
>
> The real problem would probably be to prevent an opening below water
> sinc= e=20
> this would look very stupid.

Getting to the situation is easy.  Just have one or more Pingii explode
underneath the water.  And there you have it.  A hole beneath the water
that a Bridger can build a bridge to.

This will need to be taken into consideration in the fix.  I think I'll
need to consider head collisions with the water above as well.

It would be nice to have the head_collision_on_walk() method handle this
so that collision detection is consistent.  But I don't think this is
achievable in a nice way.

Mind you, Walker::Update() doesn't check for head collisions with the
water.  So Pingii could walk through water as long as they don't get their
feet wet.  Hmmm....

Thanks,
Gervase.