Re: Rotation test level

From: Neil Mitchell
Subject: Re: Rotation test level
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 17:11:47 +0100

Am Mon, 2003-04-07 um 08.52 schrieb Björn Fischer:
> I think I'd tend to dropping MSVC6-support even though there migth be
> some developers who have only this one. I'm quite experienced in using
> M$'s programming languages. And I know that this will not be the last
> bug in it. So using the newest version is never wrong.
| I'd consider this a viabale solution too, since MSVC6 is known for
| beeing very buggy. One has to amend though, that it's older then the C++
| standard so it can't support some features since they were not even
| defined when it was released. Unfortunately some of the most usefull
| features of C++ fall at least partly into this category (namespace,
| template, ...).

I personally don't have VC 7, and am unlikely to get it for a long time. If
there are bugs that cannot be worked round using VC 6, then dropping it
might be reasonable, but most of these bugs have fairly easy solutions. VC6
does support templates and namespaces, with only the odd difference from the
standard, and no differences which have stopped things dead so far.

Neil