Re: Rotation test level

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Rotation test level
Date: 03 Apr 2003 19:19:30 +0200

Am Don, 2003-04-03 um 16.56 schrieb Björn Fischer:
> I'm afraid this is all I can give. Text scrolls up in the damn win2k
> console and you can't get it back...

Try to comment out the following lines from pingus_main.cxx:

  CL_ConsoleWindow cl_console(PACKAGE VERSION);
  cl_console.redirect_stdio();

They are right at the beginning of main(). This should disable the
output window so if you run Pingus from a dos console you should be able
to redirect the output to a file (pingus > log).

> Is MSVC7 the same as MSVC++.net? I'm using Visual Studio 6.0, but maybe

Yes, they are the same.

> I can try to get Visual Studio.net... Any idea if I'm allowed to compile
> and distribute builds of Pingus with a (license cost) free student
> license from M$?

I'm not sure but I guess it should be possible. Read the license.
Otherwise I'll have to get it to compile on my system again. Tried right
now but I got lots of problems and escaped back into linux. ;-)

To get it working with VC++ 6 - I guess it's most likely the namespace.
Could you try to uncomment namespace BlitterImpl and remove the
BlitterImpl:: in front of the calls in blitter.cxx? I consider it very
likely that it will work right then since VC++ 6 isn't strong neither
with templates nor with namespaces. Using both together is a sure
invitation of trouble. :-(