Re: Rotation test level

From: Björn Fischer
Subject: Re: Rotation test level
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 16:56:08 +0200

that's what the rotation test level looks on my machine (screenshot
1024*768). Is it correct or do you have different results?
Are you using latest CVS?

Yep. Result is still the same in the editor as well as in the game.

If so try to load the level with:

./pingus --debug resources data/levels/test/rotation.xml

and post the output you get.

I'm afraid this is all I can give. Text scrolls up in the damn win2k console and you can't get it back...

[Output] PingusResource: Loading surface from source: [misc/smallmap_exit, core,
ROT0]
[Output] PingusResource: Loading surface from source: [misc/infinity, core, ROT0
]
[Output] PingusResource: Loading font: [Fonts/pingus_small_fix_num, fonts, ROT0]

[Output] PingusResource: Loading surface from source: [buttons/hbuttonbgb, core,
ROT0]
[Output] PingusResource: Loading surface from source: [buttons/hbuttonbg, core,
ROT0]
[Output] PingusResource: Loading surface from source: [buttons/armageddon_anim,
core, ROT0]
[Output] PingusResource: Loading surface from cache: [buttons/hbuttonbgb, core,
ROT0]
[Output] PingusResource: Loading surface from cache: [buttons/hbuttonbg, core, R
OT0]
[Output] PingusResource: Loading surface from source: [buttons/fast_forward, cor
e, ROT0]
[Output] PingusResource: Loading surface from cache: [buttons/hbuttonbgb, core,
ROT0]
[Output] PingusResource: Loading surface from cache: [buttons/hbuttonbg, core, R
OT0]
[Output] PingusResource: Loading surface from source: [buttons/pause, core, ROT0
]

Also load the level in the editor and tell me what rotation the
groundpieces have (if a groundpiece is marked, the status line at the
top of the screen should show something like 'ROT270').

The rotations should be like this:

   ROT0                ROT0FLIP

ROT270  ROT90     ROT270FLIP ROT90FLIP

  ROT180              ROT180FLIP

Checked. The text in the status line about the marked objects is just as expected (as seen above).

for the groundpieces. If you have the same, but still have all
surfaces on the left looking equal, the templates/blitters get
incorrectly selected and we have to dig a bit deeper in that. With
MSVC7 it works fine btw.

Is MSVC7 the same as MSVC++.net? I'm using Visual Studio 6.0, but maybe I can try to get Visual Studio.net... Any idea if I'm allowed to compile and distribute builds of Pingus with a (license cost) free student license from M$?

Greetings

Björn