Re: Strange locale problem/fix

From: cagri coltekin
Subject: Re: Strange locale problem/fix
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 01:00:27 +0200

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 10:40:57AM +0200, David Philippi wrote:
> cagri coltekin wrote:
> >I can volunteer to work on a better solution covering all
> >different character sets, after 0.6 release.
>
> Since 0.6.0 is out... do you volunteer? :-)

Sure, I'll give it a try.

> I hope to get a Win32 release out this weekend, but afterwards the CVS
> is free to be broken for some time if need be.

Now we have the "first playable" release, do you consider
branching so that there is a stable (0.6), and an
unstable/development (0.7?) branch?

> Do you plan to work on support for languages with right to left order or
> multibyte characters too? I guess the latter will be very hard and top
> down printing more or less impossible. Some languages are just too
> different. :-(

I was thinking about the Latin character sets only. I'll try to
come up with something soon. Multi-byte characters may even make
the job easier, but different writing order is something I would
consider if someone request and help.

Cheers,
--
cagri