Re: Strange locale problem/fix

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: Strange locale problem/fix
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 02:29:43 +0200

cagri coltekin <address@hidden> writes:

> I have a weird locale problem, the small patch attached solves
> the problem. This definitely is not a good solution, but I'm not
> sure how to solve the problem in a better way (or if it is
> possible to).
> [...]
> Any other ideas? If no, and nobody minds having a bit ugly names in
> resource file, can we apply this?

I don't care much about the resource names in the gui.scr as long as
it still works in the level editor, but this really starts to get
ugly. One solution would be to avoid the call to:

  setlocale (LC_CTYPE, "")

in pingus_main.cxx, but that will lead to Umlauts being handled
incorrectly or not handled at all. A '?' will get used instead of the
actual Umlaut, I haven't really tried yet to figure out why this is
happening and where.

BTW. Making gettext accept translation even if not installed with
'make install' would also be nice to have, if all else fails hacking
gettext should do it, since we have it in CVS anyway, it shouldn't be
to much of a problem.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927