Re: Strange locale problem/fix

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Strange locale problem/fix
Date: 18 Apr 2003 10:37:15 +0200

Am Fre, 2003-04-18 um 01.00 schrieb cagri coltekin:
> Sure, I'll give it a try.

Very good, we can definitely use any help we get.

> Now we have the "first playable" release, do you consider
> branching so that there is a stable (0.6), and an
> unstable/development (0.7?) branch?

I thought about getting a 0.6.1 out soon, containing mostly spelling
fixes, a new translations and a Win32 binary. If we get some better font
handling in too, much the better.
I guess it'll also be usefull to have at least tags for the different
versions so we may step back to them if need be. I've never worked on a
project with branches, so I'm lacking experience here.

> I was thinking about the Latin character sets only. I'll try to
> come up with something soon. Multi-byte characters may even make
> the job easier, but different writing order is something I would
> consider if someone request and help.

The problem I see with multibyte characters would be to get the fonts.
Different write order should be managable as long as it's only right to
left, since we could print the reverse string left to right and only
have some if clauses to change alignment from right to left or vice
versa. The only place that could make a bit more work here would be the
story, but I guess we may defer it until we get offered a translation
into a language which requires it. *g* It's just something to keep in
mind while coding so one doesn't make it more diffictult to achieve
without reason.