Re: New todo list for LCT

From: Neil Mitchell
Subject: Re: New todo list for LCT
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:47:28 +0100

> 8. gain the right to W3C XHTML/CSS and Anybrowser logos
> on 8.: Has anybody done this already? I never did and don't know how the
procedure is...

You just submit it for validation at http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ for
CSS (the code is already CSS compliant, so just go there, enter the CSS, and
it will give you the snipet to put in the HTML.

For the HTML, that will not validate as is. You have to pick which level of
HTML you want (XHTML 1.0 strict is a nice one to aim for, then if you fail
you just change and say you were going for transitional all along). Add that
definition to the top of the file, then go for http://validator.w3.org/ and
check it.

If you want, I can convert the HTML into something compliant, and then you
should be able to throw that back into the PHP one page at a time? I'd
rather not touch the PHP, as I don't know whats going on, and don't have a
web server to test it (and ran out of hard drive space, so installing one
isn't going to work!), but from the modified HTML I would have thought the
changes are not too hard?

As for anybrowser, I have no idea how to get that, but I never tried for (I
assume W3C standards are enough).

Of course, it might be the case that by acheiving compliance you break it in
actual browers...

Neil