Re: New todo list for LCT

From: Neil Mitchell
Subject: Re: New todo list for LCT
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:19:48 +0100

> Thanks for your introduction. Since my time is limited I would do this
> point some time later. I think other things have higher priority.
>
> But if you agree I would like to ask you for translating to XHTML when I
> have the time to do the changes in PHP. Since there are probably going
> to be changes till then, it would not make sense that you translate now.
Agreed, put other things first. When you do decide to take a crack at it,
let me know, and I should be able to give you a list of what needs changing.

> But maybe you can give me some rules for writing, so that the new HTML
> code I write is compliant to XHTML. We can save the time then. One rule
> I already know is <br/> instead of <br> :-)
The other thing is make the document stack perfect, i.e. match <tr> and

Finally, the & character should be replaced with &amp; This is of particular
note when you are doing href="page.php?prop=val&prop2=val2" - the & should
become &amp; This is the main problem that will stop you getting any W3C
validation (its required for HTML 4 even)

Other than that, most things will be small. Of course, you can always
redesign it to be all "semantic", by giving up on almost all formatting and
using stuff like <span class="comment">comment here</span>, and then
defining all the styles in css.

Neil