Re: Pingus Wiki set up for use

From: Jason Green
Subject: Re: Pingus Wiki set up for use
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:55:40 -0400

I've asked him a few very basic questions on IRC and he was helpful and pointed me in the right direction. At one point, I asked, "What can I do to help?", and he replied "Fix it and submit a patch". :-) I'm actually at a point where 0.7.0 runs and compiles in Windows (for the most part) with MinGW, and I can start the real coding finally. Hopefully my patches work and will spark some more active development on what is already a great game. I'll wait until I can prove to myself that I understand the whole codebase before asking for SVN commit access. I need to get a recent version of Linux installed on another machine so I can test everything on it as well. I currently have a very broken dual-boot into FC3 setup, but it's ugly and yum isn't working correctly anymore. Time for a reinstall. Anyway, thanks for the quick responses!

Jason

David Philippi wrote:

If you really want to improve Pingus, you should try to contact grumbel.
If you're persitent enough, he should react. ;-) At least that's what I
did - at a time where the development was completely stalled I had much
spare time and started to send in patches cleaning up stuff. Over time
he got active again resulting in 0.6.0. Then came happypenguin GoTM and
other projects started to take up his time again.