pspp-dev

Re: [patch #5511] Clean up variable formats

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: [patch #5511] Clean up variable formats
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 13:48:50 +0800

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 04:53:52AM +0000, Ben Pfaff wrote:

     > * fmt_date_template: There is an analagous function in
     > src/ui/gui/var-type-dialog.c called dollar_format_template. Would it make
     > sense to put these in the same file ?

     We could do something like that, sure.  Would it make sense to
     generalize it, to make a function that returns a "picture" of
     what a format outputs, for any given format?

Possibly.  So far as I can see, your fmt_date_template function is
currently unused.  Were you intending to use it just for debugging?
If not, it ought to be locale dependent.  On the other hand, if debug
is the primary motivation for this function, then maybe it ought to be
seperate from dollar_format_template which is for user interaction.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3