pspp-dev

Re: PSPP & PSPPIRE running as native windows applications.

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: PSPP & PSPPIRE running as native windows applications.
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 14:44:43 -0800

"John McCabe-Dansted" <address@hidden> writes:

> I had to make the following changes to the Makefile so that the test
> .exes would be built correctly:
>
> <       tests/libpspp/ll-test \
> <       tests/libpspp/llx-test \
> <       tests/libpspp/heap-test \
> <       tests/libpspp/abt-test
> ---
>>       tests/libpspp/ll-test$(EXEEXT) \
>>       tests/libpspp/llx-test$(EXEEXT) \
>>       tests/libpspp/heap-test$(EXEEXT) \
>>       tests/libpspp/abt-test$(EXEEXT)

I think that the best solution here is to upgrade to Automake
1.10, which has the following note in its NEWS:

  - $(EXEEXT) is automatically appended to filenames of TESTS
    that have been declared as programs in the same Makefile.
    This is mostly useful when some check_PROGRAMS are listed in TESTS.

That should fix the problem.  Indeed, $(EXEEXT) is correctly
appended automatically on my system here, which has Automake
1.10 installed.
--
"I consider that the golden rule requires that if I like a program
 I must share it with other people who like it."