pspp-dev

Re: PSPP & PSPPIRE running as native windows applications.

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: PSPP & PSPPIRE running as native windows applications.
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 21:17:31 -0800

"John McCabe-Dansted" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2/8/07, John Darrington <address@hidden> wrote:
>>      On the topic of *printf, I had to comment out
>>       libintl_fprintf libintl_printf and libintl_sprintf
>>      In intl/printf.c because these symbols conflict with symbols provided by
>>      -lintl
>>

>> Didn't Ben's checkin fix this?
>
> No, I'm still getting the following error when trying to compile the
> gui. Worse, I have to leave them in to compile pspp (unless I link the
> cli version against -lintl as well).

That's different from the warning that my check-in was intended
to fix.

I'm thinking that we should drop the included libintl from PSPP.
Other GNU software, as I understand it, no longer includes
libintl, instead expecting that if its functionality is desired,
the user will have already installed it.  Dropping it might
address this problem.

I haven't yet installed the libraries and tools needed to build
and link the GUI under mingw32, so I don't have any real fix
here.
--
RMS on DRM: "This ought to be a crime. And, if we had governments of the
people, by the people, for the people, then the executives of those companies