pspp-dev

Re: status report

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: status report
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 13:15:42 -0800

Michel Boaventura <address@hidden> writes:

> 2009/3/6 Ben Pfaff <address@hidden>:
>> PSPP already supports text formatting for its output.  I think
>> that we should be able to make sure that cutting-and-pasting into
>> program such as Notepad works with that format properly.  I don't
>> see an advantage in making text output go through an intermediate
>> RTF step.
> On my windows version of PSPP, my outputs are always txt files. How do
> I get other
> outputs?

The GUI version of PSPP currently only support text output.
That's what I'm planning to fix!

You can already get HTML or PostScript output from PSPP, if you
use the command-line version.

>> It would be nice to make PSPP support output in OpenDocument
>> format (ODF), for high-quality pasting into OpenOffice, etc.  Do
>> you have any interest in working on that? (There is already a
>> bug filed with this as a feature request.)
>
> I think about RTF because using it we can past on openoffice, msoffice
> and on any other text editor,
> and id don't lose its formatting. I don't know if we use OpenDocument
> format we will be able to do it.
> The people I work with always do the same thing: Open SPSS, runs
> something, copy the output and paste it
> on Word or Excel directly. PSPP should have this facility. Can we do
> it using ODF?

If you want to contribute code for RTF output generation, I
expect that we would accept it.  But I don't plan to implement it
myself.
--
"MONO - Monochrome Emulation
 This field is used to store your favorite bit."