pspp-dev

Re: status report

From: Michel Boaventura
Subject: Re: status report
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 15:42:12 -0300

2009/3/6 Ben Pfaff <address@hidden>:
> PSPP already supports text formatting for its output.  I think
> that we should be able to make sure that cutting-and-pasting into
> program such as Notepad works with that format properly.  I don't
> see an advantage in making text output go through an intermediate
> RTF step.
On my windows version of PSPP, my outputs are always txt files. How do
I get other
outputs?

> It would be nice to make PSPP support output in OpenDocument
> format (ODF), for high-quality pasting into OpenOffice, etc.  Do
> you have any interest in working on that?  (There is already a
> bug filed with this as a feature request.)

I think about RTF because using it we can past on openoffice, msoffice
and on any other text editor,
and id don't lose its formatting. I don't know if we use OpenDocument
format we will be able to do it.
The people I work with always do the same thing: Open SPSS, runs
something, copy the output and paste it
on Word or Excel directly. PSPP should have this facility. Can we do
it using ODF?