pspp-dev

Re: Some entries in pspp-2.0.0-pre1.nl.po

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Some entries in pspp-2.0.0-pre1.nl.po
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 19:18:44 -0700

Thanks for the bug report! I have some responses below.

On Fri, May 12, 2023 at 11:44 PM PSPP Vertaler <pspp.vertaler@gmail.com> wrote:
> ID 527: The PRESORTED subcommand state that the input data is presorted.
> - "state" is plural while "subcommand" is single;
> - "state" should be "supposes"?

This is part of a cluster of messages that says that the input data
must be presorted
but that sort criteria were specified anyway.  There's an initial
message saying that
followed by a message that explains why the input data must be presorted; this
message is one of the latter messages.

I changed "state" to "states" to fix the grammar.

> ID 1438: This recoding output value has width %d.
> - "recoding" should be "recoded"?

I decided to just delete the word "recoding" here. It isn't needed in context.

> ID 135: Identifier `%s' is not valid in encoding `%s'.used for this
> dictionary.
> - "." following "`%s'" should not be there?

You are right. I fixed this. Thank you!

> ID 441: Syntax error expecting number in (%g,%g) for %s.
> - shouldn't the "(" (left parenthesis) be a "[" (left square bracket)?

There are two versions of this message, one for open ranges (x,y) and one for
half-open ranges [x,y).