qemu-devel

Re: ebpf/rss.bpf.skeleton.h generated by what?

From: Jason Wang
Subject: Re: ebpf/rss.bpf.skeleton.h generated by what?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 16:53:23 +0800

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 8:24 PM Andrew Melnichenko <andrew@daynix.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> The ebpf/rss.bpf.skeleton.h is generetad by bpftool from tools/ebpf/rss.bpf.c.
> To generate the skeleton - would require dependencies of llvm and bpftool.
> RSS eBPF solution, for now, is only for Linux hosts.
>
> > Andrew, want to post a patch to explain this?
> I am all in for clarification. And will prepare a new patch if required.
> Please advise, what those patches should be? Documentation update?

It looks to me the doc are fine:

"""
RSS eBPF program
----------------

RSS program located in ebpf/rss.bpf.skeleton.h generated by bpftool.
So the program is part of the qemu binary.
Initially, the eBPF program was compiled by clang and source code
located at tools/ebpf/rss.bpf.c.
"""

It was too late to fix the changelog but we probably don't have anything to do.

Or we can update ebpf/rss.bpf.skeleton.h by using the most recent
bpftool where I've added the BPFTOOL as the generator name[1].

Thanks

[1]
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bpf/bpf-next.git/commit/?id=56c3e749d08a