Re: [RP] Ratpoison comments from a new user

From: sabetts
Subject: Re: [RP] Ratpoison comments from a new user
Date: Sat Sep 1 21:24:02 2001

At Sat, 1 Sep 2001 00:18:05 +0200 , Gergely Nagy <address@hidden> wrote:

>Actually, my patch is a bit buggy. The `?' should not be hard-coded
>either. Instead, we should search which key has help binded to it, and
>if none is found, then tell the user to type C-t :help or something.
>
>Expect a patch tomorrow, I'm going to have some sleep now.

When you do write the patch, take a look at marked_message_printf in bar.c.
You'll find it very inviting since it works just like printf. The first 2 parms
are the start and end locations of the marked region of the message which
should be 0,0 for no mark at all. You're patch would then contain the line:

marked_message_printf (0, 0, WELCOME_MESSAGE, prefix_key, help_key);

where prefix_key and help_key have already been computed.