Re: [RP] Ratpoison comments from a new user

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: [RP] Ratpoison comments from a new user
Date: Sun Sep 2 07:12:02 2001

address@hidden writes:

> The documentation will be updated shortly and definitely before the
> 1.0.0 release which is scheduled for sometime around this monday.

So the 0.2.0 release is begin skipped altogether.  Well, if it's
complete, it's complete; I've used the 0.2.0cvs version for a couple
days, and it's worked great!
Using another window manager now seems so awkward...

> >list), and the ability to have the select command, when called
> >interactively, show the managed windows, a combined windows/select
> >command would be helpful.
>
> I don't quite follow. Do you mean it should allow you to
> interactively pick the window you want to go to with, say the arrow
> keys (or some other movement keys)? I'm fairly reluctant to add
> something like that.

I didn't mean anything interactive like that, that would go against
what I think is the spirit of ratpoison. I meant the list of managed
windows would be shown while the "Switch to window: " prompt is being
displayed, so I'd know what possible titles I could type in.
But I just thought I'd toss off some wild ideas, I didn't expect them
to be taken seriously.

> >But the bottom line is that ratpoison, as is, is the best (in my
> >opinion) wm that I've come across.
> >Thanks, Shawn, and good-bye rodent.
>
> It's my pleasure. Let's not forget the hard work of Gergely, Ryan,
> and the rest of you who have made rp what it is today.

Absolutely; thanks Gergely and Ryan, too, and everyone else who
contributed!

Thanks all!
Jay