Re: [RP] Ratpoison comments from a new user

From: shawn
Subject: Re: [RP] Ratpoison comments from a new user
Date: Wed Sep 5 00:52:23 2001

>From: Gergely Nagy <address@hidden>
>Sender: address@hidden
>Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 00:18:05 +0200
>

>--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy
>
>Actually, my patch is a bit buggy. The `?' should not be hard-coded
>either. Instead, we should search which key has help binded to it, and
>if none is found, then tell the user to type C-t :help or something.
>
>Expect a patch tomorrow, I'm going to have some sleep now.

We waited and waited :). Well I beat you to it. Buuut because of the
way X windows converts keysyms to strings its now 'C-t question'. This
I think is acceptable. I almost think we should just go for a method
that always works:

Welcome to ratpoison! Hit `C-t :help' for help.

then its hardcoded and the binary is of course smaller. Seems sorta
silly (now that I went ahead and wrote the damn thing) to search for
the help binding and do all that work...