Re: [RP] crude patch to pass windowids from cmd_exec

From: eichin-ratp
Subject: Re: [RP] crude patch to pass windowids from cmd_exec
Date: Wed Sep 5 01:45:02 2001

> One way could be to parse the output of 'ratpoison -c windows' which
> will spit a list of the windows. a * after the number indicates the

Ah, the debian (unstable) one is almost a month old and doesn't have
that (or rather, it doesn't emit to stdout.)  Will nag :-)

However,  get_window_list doesn't reference w->w at all, so that
doesn't do me any good (names are ambiguous, and the "window number"
is not meaningful outside of ratpoison - I need the X WindowID
itself.)

Would you find setting WINDOWID in the environment to be a at least a
little cleaner?  Various programs will use it if set, entirely because
xterm itself sets it... that's why xwit is so useful in a non-mousing
environment, you can do things like "xwit rmove 10 10" and move the
xterm you typed it in by that much.  (The reason to get this info from
ratpoison is that not all windows are xterms :-)