Re: Was: [RP] Patch for frames et al...

From: Mike Meyer
Subject: Re: Was: [RP] Patch for frames et al...
Date: Fri Nov 16 11:08:02 2001

Jonathan Walther <address@hidden> types:
> > All open source window managers are highly customizable; it's just
> > that cc is a clumsy customization tool. Is that why there's interest
> > in a LISP version?
> You hit the nail right on the head.  Help me figure out how to get
> Eclipse working, and we can move forward.

I think you want PLWM. Not only do I have it working without to much
trouble, but it's *designed* with the philosphy of being a toolkit for
building window managers, much as has been described here. Start at

The real upside - well, at least as far as I'm concerned - is that
it's written in Python instead of Common LISP.

        <mike
--
Mike Meyer <address@hidden>                     http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?              A: Tell them your plans.