[RP] The bad old days, and the delay after hitting C-t...

From: Mike Meyer
Subject: [RP] The bad old days, and the delay after hitting C-t...
Date: Fri Nov 16 08:48:02 2001

In looking for Eclipse in the ports, I noticed evilwm, which shares
with rp the desire to let users use the keyboard rather than the rat.

To deal with delay after hitting prefix character, they don't use
one. Instead, they bind all the commands to C-Alt-<thing> - which
brings back the bad old days of X10, when the window manager did
*everything* on C-Alt-<thing>, or some such, and "it took two hands to
drive the thing". Which was why I used NeWS instead of X10.

I was wondering if anyone had thoughts - pro or con - on doing things
that way in RP. I'm not proposing doing so, just wondering if it might
be worth considering.

        Thanx,
        <mike
--
Mike Meyer <address@hidden>                     http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?              A: Tell them your plans.