Re: [RP] new fselect command

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: [RP] new fselect command
Date: Fri Mar 7 08:13:10 2003

Shawn Betts <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi folks,

Hi!

> Since curframe (I would imagine) is not so often used it should be
> pushed away to make room for the command I anticipate will be used
> much more.

It probabaly shouldn't be pushed too far away.  There are senile old
geezers such as myself who have a hard time remembering to zip up,
much less what frame they were at, who need to be occasionally
reminded where they are, even if they don't want to move.  Although
everything's configurable, so I suppose it doesn't matter that much.

> Here's what fselect does:
>
> fselect N
>
> Select a frame by number. If an argument is passed to it then attempt
> to select the frame whose number is @var{n}. If not, ratpoison will
> print a number at the top left corner of each frame and wait for the
> user to type the number they wish to select. Currently there is no way
> to select a frame whose number is greater than 9 unless the number is
> passed as an argument.

Hmm.  Do people use more than nine frames often?  If so, perhaps "a"
could be typed in to go to frame 10, etc.  Frames are great, but I
never use more than 3 or 4, myself.

Jay