Re: [RP] new fselect command

From: David Yitzchak Cohen
Subject: Re: [RP] new fselect command
Date: Fri Mar 7 12:46:10 2003

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 10:16:04AM -0800, Shawn Betts wrote:

> > Hmm.  Do people use more than nine frames often?  If so, perhaps "a"
> > could be typed in to go to frame 10, etc.  Frames are great, but I
> > never use more than 3 or 4, myself.
> 10 frames on the screen is prett gross :). For completeness, I think
> *something* should be done. But it's not like these frames can't be
> accessed. Just not conveniently. I can't imagine using for that 4
> realistically, and that is a rare event indeed...but then I use emacs
> and there are those who don't.
How about just solving the problem the same way as the select command
works?  Have ^tf (or whatever) do labelframes (a new command that you've
already implemented) and then call command mode with selectframe as the
prefix keymap, and in that keymap, have 1 do fselect 1, 2 do fselect
2, etc.  That way, we can make fselect called without arguments simply
prompt us for a frame number to select with the usual RETURN following.

(It also means we can do ^tf- to switch back and forth between our last
two used frames, if somebody feels like implementing that in the future.)

 - Dave