Re: [RP] new fselect command

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] new fselect command
Date: Fri Mar 7 10:17:05 2003

Jay Belanger <address@hidden> writes:

> > Since curframe (I would imagine) is not so often used it should be
> > pushed away to make room for the command I anticipate will be used
> > much more.
>
> It probabaly shouldn't be pushed too far away.  There are senile old
> geezers such as myself who have a hard time remembering to zip up,
> much less what frame they were at, who need to be occasionally
> reminded where they are, even if they don't want to move.  Although
> everything's configurable, so I suppose it doesn't matter that much.

Hi Jay!

And I know you guys are out there :). What do you think of C-t F being
curframe? then C-t f and C-t C-f can be fselect.

> Hmm.  Do people use more than nine frames often?  If so, perhaps "a"
> could be typed in to go to frame 10, etc.  Frames are great, but I
> never use more than 3 or 4, myself.

10 frames on the screen is prett gross :). For completeness, I think
*something* should be done. But it's not like these frames can't be
accessed. Just not conveniently. I can't imagine using for that 4
realistically, and that is a rare event indeed...but then I use emacs
and there are those who don't.

Shawn