Re: [RP] Phoenix and Ratpoison

From: Simon White
Subject: Re: [RP] Phoenix and Ratpoison
Date: Fri Mar 21 03:43:03 2003

21-Mar-03 at 11:24, Simon White (address@hidden) wrote :
> I run Phoenix 0.5 with RP-1.2.0-cvs
>
> If I have a browser window open with a form that is able to be
> submitted, when I switch (ctrl-commandkey-space) back to that window,
> the form submits.
>
> I don't know if this is Phoenix behaviour, or if it's reproducible in
> another window manager, 'cos I no longer have another window manager...
>
> Phoenix is essentially Mozilla so perhaps both may show this behaviour.
>
> Anyone help me out here, to tell me if anything like this should happen,
> before I file a Bugzilla report for Phoenix? Especially if this happens
> also in twm or something...

I just reinstalled twm (I had an rpm hanging around in fact) and cannot
get it to behave the same way, but then I don't think
ctrl-commandkey-space does just focus, but also some kind of other
command. So the question is what actually happens when one switches
windows, and what part of that is causing Phoenix to submit a form when
I arrive on that page?

Is there a keyboard shortcut equivalent in twm that I could try, so
execute the same commands as those which get carried out by ratpoison?

Regards,

--
[--Partly Cloudy in Rabat, 15°C/59°F. Wind: NE strength 9. Humidity: 72%-]
History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree