Re: [RP] Phoenix and Ratpoison

From: Simon White
Subject: Re: [RP] Phoenix and Ratpoison
Date: Fri Mar 21 13:43:01 2003

21-Mar-03 at 12:12, Shawn Betts (address@hidden) wrote :
> Simon White <address@hidden> writes:
> > I have an issue that is beginning to annoy me, and I'd like to know if
> > anyone else has a similar problem...
> >
> > I run Phoenix 0.5 with RP-1.2.0-cvs
> >
> > If I have a browser window open with a form that is able to be
> > submitted, when I switch (ctrl-commandkey-space) back to that window,
> > the form submits.
> >
> > I don't know if this is Phoenix behaviour, or if it's reproducible in
> > another window manager, 'cos I no longer have another window manager...
> >
> > Phoenix is essentially Mozilla so perhaps both may show this behaviour.
> >
> > Anyone help me out here, to tell me if anything like this should happen,
> > before I file a Bugzilla report for Phoenix? Especially if this happens
> > also in twm or something...

> This is a good excuse for me to install Phoenix :). I imagine that the
> problem is that pressing space inside phoenix will submit the
> form. And phoenix waits until you release the space key to act on the
> key event. I believe that the release event from pressing the escape
> key isn't gobbled by ratpoison and is instead sent to the focused
> window.

Hi Shawn,

Well the thing is that I have tried just pressing space in the browser
window that just gained focus via a tab change. This has no effect.

Now, you are right in saying that space can submit a form - if
focus is on the form submit button. However, this happens even on forms
where there are several submit buttons, and it always goes for the last
button pressed, and yet the widgets don't take on their "focused"
appearance. But maybe the focus is somehow "remembered" as a flashback
when you bring the window back to the foreground and in focus in
ratpoison... like a trip from the late 90s.

Shouldn't that space get "eaten" by ratpoison?

--
Die zeit für kleine politik ist vorbei. Schon das nächste jahrhundert
bringt den kampf um die erdherrschaft. ~= The time for petty politics is