Re: [RP] Phoenix and Ratpoison

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] Phoenix and Ratpoison
Date: Fri Mar 21 12:14:31 2003

Simon White <address@hidden> writes:

> I have an issue that is beginning to annoy me, and I'd like to know if
> anyone else has a similar problem...
>
> I run Phoenix 0.5 with RP-1.2.0-cvs
>
> If I have a browser window open with a form that is able to be
> submitted, when I switch (ctrl-commandkey-space) back to that window,
> the form submits.
>
> I don't know if this is Phoenix behaviour, or if it's reproducible in
> another window manager, 'cos I no longer have another window manager...
>
> Phoenix is essentially Mozilla so perhaps both may show this behaviour.
>
> Anyone help me out here, to tell me if anything like this should happen,
> before I file a Bugzilla report for Phoenix? Especially if this happens
> also in twm or something...

Hello Simon,

This is a good excuse for me to install Phoenix :). I imagine that the
problem is that pressing space inside phoenix will submit the
form. And phoenix waits until you release the space key to act on the
key event. I believe that the release event from pressing the escape
key isn't gobbled by ratpoison and is instead sent to the focused
window.

Shawn