Re: [RP] Mouse warp on window deletion

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] Mouse warp on window deletion
Date: Sun Aug 10 16:38:03 2003

Magnus Henoch <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I found a bug regarding mouse warping: when a window loses focus due to
> being deleted, the mouse is not warped for the window that pops up, but
> stays where it was for the old window.
>
> To reproduce, open two xterms, and move the pointer to different locations
> for each.  Toggle between them, and see the pointer warping accordingly.
> Close one, either with C-t k or by typing "exit", and the pointer doesn't
> move.
>
> The attached patch fixes the bug.  It is the result of a very quick source
> browsing session, and I make no claims about it being the Right Thing, but
> hopefully it can point someone more confident about the code in the right
> direction.

Hi Magnus,

Thanks for the bug report. I looked into it. Your patch is...well, a
really bad patch :). The problem was that give_window_focus() was
being called with win and last_win being the same window. So first it
saves the pointer position of the last window and restores the pointer
of the new window. But they're the same window so the mouse doesn't
move.

I've patched CVS to fix this.

Shawn