[RP] Re: Mouse warp on window deletion

From: Magnus Henoch
Subject: [RP] Re: Mouse warp on window deletion
Date: Wed Aug 20 15:12:02 2003

* Shawn Betts <address@hidden> [2003-08-10 16:39]:
> Thanks for the bug report. I looked into it. Your patch is...well, a

Thanks for the fix!

> really bad patch :). The problem was that give_window_focus() was
> being called with win and last_win being the same window.

I've found that Mozilla Firebird causes give_window_focus() to be called
with win and last_win being the same (i.e. the main Mozilla window) when
the mouse is leaving (only leaving, entering is fine) a Shockwave control
(at least without an installed plugin).  Thus the mouse is reset to
whatever position was last saved for Mozilla, which is very annoying.
With rudeness set to zero, this doesn't happen; I only get a raise request
message.

Maybe give_window_focus() shouldn't be called with win==last_win in the
first place... if I find some time for it I'll read the sources and try to
find out.

Magnus