Re: [RP] Re: Session Managment

From: twb
Subject: Re: [RP] Re: Session Managment
Date: Mon Sep 15 18:31:03 2003

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:31:42 +0200 Nikolai Weibull <address@hidden> wrote:
> the problem is that it isn't listed in the gnome-session-capplet thingy,
> you have to load ratpoison as a startup application.  this seems to be
> because it doesn't act as a session client (for SMlib or Xt or similar).

Try changing this:
 ~/.gconf/desktop/gnome/applications/window_manager/%gconf.xml:<gconf><entry
name="default" mtime="1061723879" muser="twb"
type="string"><stringvalue>/usr/bin/sawfish</stringvalue></entry></gconf>
(Maybe safer to change w/gconf-editor)

I think this is the same as:
 killall {metacity|sawfish}; sleep 1; ratpoison

Also, do you really need to use RP within gnome?  I find it faster to
use gnome apps from bare ratpoison.  Just a thought.

cheers
-trent

--
 Have you ever  gotten sick of hearing AT&T take  credit for things that
 they didn't invent? You will.  -- Dave Hamilton