Re: [RP] OT: Music player that doesn't suck?

From: Justis Peters
Subject: Re: [RP] OT: Music player that doesn't suck?
Date: Fri Oct 24 23:27:23 2003

Hi Bjorn,

This may be way oversimplified, but since I listen only to MP3's, I use
"mpg321" to play one song at a time.  The only catch with this is that if you
run it twice, it plays both songs on top of each other.  Here is the BASH I
wrote to take care of that:

#!/bin/bash

PLAYER="/usr/bin/mpg321"
PLAYER_OPTS="-o alsa09"

SONG=$1

PID=`/sbin/pidof -s $PLAYER`
if [ $PID ]
then
        echo "$PLAYER IS ALREADY RUNNING"
else
        $PLAYER $PLAYER_OPTS "$SONG"
fi

I name this script "playSong", and can do things like:
  for x in somePlaylistDirectory/*.mp3; do playSong "$x"; done

Enjoy!
Justis Peters