Re: [RP] OT: Music player that doesn't suck?

From: Martin Samuelsson
Subject: Re: [RP] OT: Music player that doesn't suck?
Date: Thu Oct 23 21:48:03 2003

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 09:40:32PM +0200, Björn Lindström wrote:
> So, does any of you people use something that might be a good
> alternative, or should I just go and write my own moosic clone?

My short answer would be no, you'll have to do it yourself. :(

The closest thing I have found so far to what I look for is juked,
although I don't use it. (Mostly because I'm too lazy) Last time I
checked the release version had some bug regarding to my system and
the current cvs version didn't compile. ):

One thing I haven't tried at all is musicpd, but the web page sure
looks promising. By the info on that it seems like a fairly stable
software that does what one would want it too. But then again, you
never know until you actually try to compile it.

I'm down under now with limited internet access, so I won't be able
to neither listen to music or test proper software for playing it
for a while. Although I would love to have some good way of playing
music when I get back from beach living and backpacking in January.
So if anyone knows or finds a good client-server music player J'd
love to read about it.

http://juked.sourceforge.net/
http://www.musicpd.org/