Re: [RP] non-working key

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] non-working key
Date: Wed May 5 14:23:26 2004

> Quoth Shawn Betts <address@hidden> on or about 2004-05-05:
>> The short-term answer and maybe the only way is to add another
>> modifier: Sh. So the above command would turn into:
>>
>> definekey top Sh-2 echo foo
>
> Do it the way emacs does,
>       S- == Shift
>       s- == Super

Good idea. That's what I'll do.

> or vice-versa if theres too much inertia from S==Super.
>
>> I use XConvertCase to check whether Shift needs to be added, but that
>> doesn't work for keys not subject to case conversion.
>
> Good, that's about 95% of my bindings working.
> ...once changes propagate to the anonymous cvs server :-(

I've committed a patch to CVS that properly deals with the @/2 problem.
But nevertheless, we do need a shift modifier since it is currently
impossible to bind Shift + Up.

> <pedant>
> This doesn't affect me, but does this make the assumption that captial
> alphas are shifted and lowercase alphas arent?  You might conceivably
> map keys to uppercase, with shift activating lowercase.
> </pedant>

You can map keys any way you like. XConvertCase should just handle it
right. If you reverse the case then XConvertCase will give reversed
values.

Shawn