Re: [RP] ... --solved (with my workspace scripts) -Phuk!

From: TBlittlefoot
Subject: Re: [RP] ... --solved (with my workspace scripts) -Phuk!
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 22:02:19 -0800

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 11:08:41AM +1100, Brian May wrote:

>     Brian> Maybe I have just been lucky. I have never noticed any problems
> with
>     Brian> firefox and RP resizing myself. Except for websites that specify a
>     Brian> fixed or minimum width - these require a wider window to see all
> the
>     Brian> text. This isn't really firefox's fault though, for complying with
> the
>     Brian> web standards.
>
> I just noticed a real problem with firefox in Ubuntu Gutsy - if the
> mouse is hovering over a flash control (including advertisements), I
> can't switch windows.
>
> I have to move the mouse off the flash control, and then switch
> windows.
>
> I hate flash :-( .

Me too.Don't do them myself. It'll be a cold day in hell before I let some
website
download and install an executable on my box.

I came across a website a few weeks ago that was entirely contained in a flash
app.

I'll never know what was there and couldn't care less. Found what I needed
elsewhere.

Tom