Re: [RP] How to put windows into groups by application type.

From: tomm smith
Subject: Re: [RP] How to put windows into groups by application type.
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:09:28 -0400

yeah I was getting the same issues with multiple runs(continuous runs rather).

I attempted to fiddle with "e->height <= 10 && e->width <= 10" it
might be a valid solution, but it seems liferea and a few others ran
the hook < then 1 times. While I was fiddling and surfing source files
to obtain info, I had a thought of calling the hook from when the
window name is inserted into the window list. I ran on this epiphany
and tried adding the hook call to insert_into_list() in window.c well
sure enough all the tests I have done thus far have returned exactly
one execution of the hook per new window.

I have attached the diff of the changes, I want to test it more but I
feel pretty confident with this solution.

(P.S. If the diffs I am submitting are not quite how you like patches
or I am generating them wrong please do tell me, I am pretty new to
patch writing for C so sketchy on my methods.)