Re: [RP] How to put windows into groups by application type.

From: Eric A
Subject: Re: [RP] How to put windows into groups by application type.
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 20:56:46 +0100

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 11:16 PM, Shawn Betts <address@hidden> wrote:

> The hook should be called when the window is mapped, not when it is
> created. Applications create a bunch of windows at start up that
> you're not interested in. It's a quirk of ratpoison that it keeps
> track of all created windows instead of simply waiting for a map
> request.
>
> -Shawn

Ok, I added a hook to the map_window function of manage.c. It looks
like the right place. Everything is working perfectly for me, so if it
looks good to you, it would be awesome if you could commit it. I know
very little about coding and naming conventions, so it might need some
tweaks though.

A diff against HEAD is attached.

Thanks,
Eric