Re: [RP] browser integration?

From: Zed Lopez
Subject: Re: [RP] browser integration?
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 14:12:49 -0700

2010/3/15 Axel Beckert <address@hidden>:
> I may help here: I built myself an interactive window list using
> ratmenu (or alternatively ratmen due to the UTF-8 patch available for
> it).

I have scripts for ratmen and ratmenu that offer a menu of existing
windows on the wiki:

http://ratpoison.antidesktop.net/wiki/window-menu

It's possible, but a bit of a pain, to adapt one of them to filter by
class or application. Here's an example that filters for Firefox
windows and allows selection by dmenu:

ratpoison -c "windows %t|%n|%c"|egrep 'Firefox$'|dmenu|ratpoison -c
"select `perl -F'\|' -ape '$_=$F[-2]'`"

This is uglier than necessary, as dmenu presents you with all those
gratuitous "IFirefox"'s at the end of every item.