[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: log_accum at Savannah

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: log_accum at Savannah
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 20:23:17 +0200

> Are you going to mind if I use ViewCVS's alternate CVSROOT syntax?  It
> would make it much easier to write a generic function, if I could.
> (Currently it only happens if -C CVSROOT is specified.)  If so, what is
> the CVSROOT ViewCVS is using?  I've tried cvsroot=/sources/testyeight,
> cvsroot=/cvsroot/testyeight, and cvsroot=/testyeight for testing and I
> can't seem to duplicate the URLs above.

I won't mind at all and would even recommend doing so :)

You just use cvsroot=project_name. For _webpages_, you also use another vhost:
web.cvs.savannah.gnu.org.

You can check what the URLs are by clicking in the links at
http://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=cvs

Examples:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/testyeight/BABA.diff?cvsroot=testyeight&tr1=1.58&tr2=1.59&r1=text&r2=text
http://web.cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/testyeight/index.html?rev=1.17&cvsroot=testyeight&view=log

(ViewCVS' URLs use "root=" instead of "cvsroot=", but only "cvsroot="
is compatible with both ViewCVS and CVSWeb)

The old syntax without cvsroot= is still available at Savannah for
backward-compatibility with the previous setup.

--
Sylvain