Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Allowing git repos to automatically push t

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Allowing git repos to automatically push to gnu.org/software/$PROJECT
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 08:38:58 +0300

> Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 16:25:08 -0600
> From: Karl Berry <karl@freefriends.org>
> Cc: savannah-hackers-public@gnu.org
>
>     Also, I saw that there is a script to generate documentation for
>     each project. I think it runs on the Savannah side of things but
>     want to confirm.
>
> "Generate documentation"? Sorry, I don't know what you're referring to.
> If you mean the output for Texinfo manuals in different formats, like
> the links on https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/, they are
> (usually) generated by the gendocs.sh script, which is maintained in the
> gnulib project. Project maintainers run it themselves; Savannah per se
> is not involved.

FWIW, when I updated the Emacs documentation on that URL lately, I
didn't run gendocs.sh, I used the procedures we have documented in our
release process (admin/make-tarball.txt and admin/notes/www in the
Emacs Git repository) and the scripts we have for that
(admin/make-manuals and admin/upload-manuals).