Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Allowing git repos to automatically push t

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Allowing git repos to automatically push to gnu.org/software/$PROJECT
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 08:32:48 +0300

> From: Daniel Katz <daniel-k@fsf.org>
> Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 17:24:18 -0400
>
> For example, Emacs has its source repo, GNU ELPA, NonGNU ELPA, and Emacs
> Org mode git repos on its project page. If the maintainers wanted it to
> have a git repo for it's subpage instead of CVS, a maintainer should
> create a repo called web (which would reside at
> "git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/web.git") and then email me to add
> Emacs to the aforementioned text file.

FWIW, I'd prefer to name the repository "webpages", not "web".  The
latter is too general, while the former mimics the current CVS
repository's name.

More generally, why wouldn't the above be possible to do from the
"Select Features" page of the project on Savannah?  For example, Emacs
has this:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/project/admin/editgroupfeatures.php?group=emacs

Adding a checkbox for "Web Pages" there would allow the project
maintainers to specify the URL for the webpages repository by
themselves.

As to the "create a repo called web" part: I wasn't aware that every
GNU maintainer has access rights for doing that on Savannah.  Is that
really so?  And if so, where can I find the instructions for
performing that job?