Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Allowing git repos to automatically push t

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Allowing git repos to automatically push to gnu.org/software/$PROJECT
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 16:51:22 -0600

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> More generally, why wouldn't the above be possible to do from the
> "Select Features" page of the project on Savannah?  For example, Emacs
> has this:
>
>   https://savannah.gnu.org/project/admin/editgroupfeatures.php?group=emacs
>
> Adding a checkbox for "Web Pages" there would allow the project
> maintainers to specify the URL for the webpages repository by
> themselves.

That's it exactly!  It should be a selectable feature.

> As to the "create a repo called web" part: I wasn't aware that every
> GNU maintainer has access rights for doing that on Savannah.  Is that
> really so?  And if so, where can I find the instructions for
> performing that job?

It's not really so.  There is currently no self-service way to create
git sub-repositories.  It's documented as please file a ticket and a
Savannah Hacker will be happy to create one for you.  See "Creating an
additional repository" here.

    https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/Git/

Modifying the web UI to do this self-serve would also be wonderful.

Bob