Re: [Savannah-hackers] GNATS host?

From: Hugo Gayosso
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] GNATS host?
Date: 19 Feb 2001 19:42:03 -0500

Jeff Bailey <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 12:06:30AM -0500, Hugo Gayosso wrote:
>
> > 1. GNATS will stay at fencepost or are we going to set up a new GNATS
> >    installation at savannah and then migrate?
>
> GNATS will stay on fencepost.

Ok.

> > 2. Same question for mailman.
>
> Mailman needs to stay on fencepost, since it's the mail server.  We'd
> have to register the aliases over there anyway, so why not keep it all
> there together?

Ok.

> > 3. How are we planning the interface to GNATS to be?
> >      a) A link to gnatsweb
>
> This one, although gnatsweb is poorly suited to the job.  Gnatsweb and
> gnats need to be adapted to dynamically follow the database structure.

I agree, gnatsweb need to be as flexible as GNATS, and while you can
configure a GNATS database and make gnatsweb display the fields that
are needed, Gnatsweb tries to use the default fields.

> >      c) email interface (that's a given for GNATS, but we have to do
> >         some tweaking at /com/mailer/aliases specially if we are
> >         running one database per project).
>
> I'm not sure how best to deal with this.  I've been telling people
> fencepost access and gnatsweb only for now.

Basically we should do similar thing that is done with mailman: add a
bunch of aliases lines to `/etc/aliases' in order to pipe any email to
`query-pr' with the proper database.

Greetings,
- --
Hugo Gayosso