Re: [Savannah-hackers] GNATS host?

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] GNATS host?
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 16:39:09 +0100

Dans un message du 23 Feb à 23:43, Loic Dachary écrivait :
>  > 1) The cronjob connects to the savannah MySQL server. I would create a
>  > user can only connect from savannah. It will create the lists on
>
>  You mean "from fencepost" ;-)

Yes.

>  > fencepost. But I am not sure it is secure enough.
>
>  If you plan to get encrypted passwd this way it's only secure if you
> tunel the mysql connection with ssh.

I am not sure to get what you mean. The login stuff is encrypted by the
MySQL client library. But I am not sure that the transmission itself is
encrypted. I don't know if it matters for this kind of information.
Indeed using the Mailman web interface, you send the same info in clear
text.

>  > 2) The cronjob connect to savannah via ssh and then reads the database.
>  > Then it disconnects and creates the new lists.
>
>  I don't see a difference with the above (except for mentionning ssh) ?

That is the difference.

Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

       What is the point of trying to dream anymore ? (Alanis Morisette)