[Savannah-hackers] Re: Java pages: project on savannah

From: Per Bothner
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Java pages: project on savannah
Date: 11 Apr 2001 12:56:42 -0700

"Nic Ferrier" <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm ccing this to:
> - per bothner because he runs another major GNU java project (Kawa)

I'm also on the Gcc steering committee with special interest in
Java and Gcj (which by the way can now compile Kawa, and Kawa-compiled
Scheme code, to native code).

> My question is: would anyone getting this have an objection to me
> setting up a savannah project to manage the GNU java web pages?

I recently started up a discussion on Java "packaging" in a different
sense - i.e. how Java packages should be installed, with the hope that
this would be an update to GNU and Linux standards, but with no
resolution yet.  This savannah project should also include or link
to a document specifying GNU installation recommendations.
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://www.bothner.com/~per/