Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Boolean expression finder (was: hgrep and gre

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Boolean expression finder (was: hgrep and grep)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 23:59:36 -0600 (MDT)

    Currently, savannah proposes a form to add a mailing list. It looks like

    Name of the list: projectname-XXXXXXXX

    and XXXXX is what the user has to provided.

That needs to be changed, because it is contrary to our conventions.
We have three conventional mailing lists for each project:

bug-PROJECT    for reporting bugs
help-PROJECT   for asking for help
info-PROJECT   for announcements

Every project must have a bug- list.  The help- list and the info- list
are optional, but if a project has lists for those jobs, they must
use these names.

Any other lists for the project should have names PROJECT-XXXXX.

So what Savannah should do is:

1. Always create bug-PROJECT, and ask the maintainer questions
about how to set it up.

2. Ask the maintainer whether he wants the help-PROJECT list.
If he says yes, ask him questions about how to set it up.

3. Ask the maintainer whether he wants the info-PROJECT list.
If he says yes, ask him questions about how to set it up.
(This list should always be moderated by the maintainer.)

4. Ask if he wants any other lists, with names of the form PROJECT-WHATEVER.

Please rename the halifax-bugs list to bug-halifax and tell the
halifax maintainers.