[Savannah-hackers] Re: Licence question

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Licence question
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 03:26:44 -0600 (MDT)

    I heard that linuxdoc.org is having two or three CVS servers and you
    could both download and upload to any of them. If there's interest, I
    can ask about the technical solution they used. I am not in their
    lists any more, but I may be able to get in touch with the right
    people anyways.

Thanks for the explanation.  This is exactly the sort of thing I had
in mind--the word "mirror" which I used was not really correct.
Rather than have one Savannah for the US and another for Europe,
wouldn't it be ideal if we could have a single Savannah for both?
It would give the best possible access to people in either continent.

Would the French govt people be happy with that arrangement?

Of course, there is one advantage to having separate machines:
they could handle twice the number of total projects.